Last updated on November 1, 2022
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect and use several types of information from and about you, including:
- Personal information, which is information that we can reasonably use to directly or indirectly identify you, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, user name, account registration information, and any other identifier we may use to contact you (“personal information”);
- Non-personal information, that does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity or directly relate to an identifiable individual, such as your demographic information, or statistical or aggregated information that does not directly identify a specific person;
- Technical information, including your login information, browser type, and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types, and versions, operating system, or information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details; and
- Non-personal details about your website interactions, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), clickstream to, through, and from the Website, your searches, page response times, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, methods used to browse away from the page, or any phone number used to call our customer service number.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We primarily collect information about you from our customers with whom we have agreements to provide the Services, and who have designated you as an authorized user. Those customers may be your employer or a company that has contracted you to work on a project. We may also collect information about you through your direct interactions with us or on the Website when you provide it to improve your experience and/or to facilitate the Service.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We only collect information about you that we consider necessary for providing the Services. We use that information:
- to allow you to access and use the Website, including the Platform and any other Services that we have contractually agreed to provide you;
- to carry out our contractual obligations and enforce our contractual rights with you, including for billing and collection or to comply with legal requirements;
- to notify you about changes to the Website or any other services we offer or provide;
- to improve the Website, our services, or customer relationships and experiences;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features on the Website;
- to fulfill the purposes for which you provided the information or that were described when it was collected or any other purpose for which you provide it; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
HOW WE SHARE OR DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We will not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for marketing or advertising purposes unless you have expressly granted us permission to do so.
We may share or disclose your personal information with third parties as follows:
- Customer Information: Information is available to representatives of the customer who designates you as a user and authorizes us to give you access to the Services, such as the customer’s HR or IT administrators.
- Service Providers: We may from time to time use third-party service providers in the operation of the Website and our provision of the Services to you, and may disclose personal information to them in the course of our use of their services. For example, we use website and platform hosting companies, which receive and store personal information on servers that are operated by those hosting companies. We also use third-party service providers for sending SMS notifications to users and for redeeming gift cards and other rewards by users, and such providers also receive and store personal information for such purposes. We only use service providers that we believe are reputable, have equivalent or better security safeguards in place than us, and are able to live up to our and your expectations, including about the handling of confidential information. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide their services to us.
- Aggregated Data: We will create statistical, aggregated data relating to your access to and use of the Website and the Services for analytical purposes. Aggregated data includes data derived from personal information and obtained by us from other sources in aggregated, anonymous form and does not identify any individual. Subject to applicable laws and regulations, we use such aggregated data and information to understand our customers and users, and to develop, improve and market our Services. We may provide aggregated data and information to third parties.
- Legal Requests and Protection of Rights: We may be required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to any governmental authority as part of an investigation to determine our compliance with any applicable law, rule, or regulation, or in response to a court order, subpoena, discovery request, or other lawful judicial or administrative proceeding. We may also disclose your personal information to enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements or to protect or defend the rights, property, or safety of Crewscope, its customers, or others.
- Business Transition: We may disclose personal information to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Crewscope’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Crewscope about its customers and users is among the assets transferred.
- Other: We may disclose personal information to fulfill any specific purpose for which you provide it, or for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
TRANSFERRING AND STORING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Website is hosted and operated in the United States or Canada through our third-party service providers, who are contractually obligated to keep personal information confidential and to use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. You acknowledge and agree that we may transfer your personal information to such service providers for the purposes of processing or storage.
The security of your personal information is very important to us. We use physical, electronic, and administrative measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. For more details on how we protect your personal information and data, please contact us as noted below (See “Contact Us”).
The safety and security of your information also depend on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you to use uniquely generated hard-to-guess passwords, not to share your password with anyone or use it on other websites. The usage of password managers is strongly encouraged.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, we will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Under some circumstances, we may anonymize your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you. We reserve the right to use such anonymous and de-identified data for any legitimate business purpose without further notice to you or your consent.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
The Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to us, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
ACCESSING, CORRECTING, AND DELETING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes. By law, you have the right to request access to and to correct the personal information that we hold about you.
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
If you want to review, verify, correct, or withdraw consent to the use of your personal information, you should send us an email at email@example.com. Because our database synchronizes automatically with the customer’s databases, we may not be able to delete the information that the customer has provided to us about you, unless that customer also deletes the same information or you cease to be an authorized user of the Services.
We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and your right to access and to provide you with the personal information that we hold about you or make your requested changes. If we cannot provide you with access to your personal information, or if we are unable to delete your personal information, we will inform you of the reasons why subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, use, and transfer of your personal information, you may have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances. To withdraw your consent, if applicable, contact us as specified below (See “Contact Us”). Please note that if you withdraw your consent we may not be able to provide you with some or all of the Services. We will explain the impact to you at the time to help you with your decision.
If you do not want our customers to provide us with, or to let us collect, store and use, personal information about you, then you will not be able to use the Service. Accordingly, your choice is to not use the Services, if you do not agree with our collection, storage, and use of your personal information, and you must inform us and the customer who designated you as an authorized user about this choice.